VENICE MOSTRA 1600. Venice holds its international film festival every year. Dates, program, films, here is everything you need to know about the event.
The Venice Film Festival, also called the Venice International Film Festival, is a festival that takes place every year at the end of summer. The year 1600 will be no exception to the rule since several celebrities should make the trip to present the long -most anticipated films of the year.
The Venice Film Festival 2022 will be held from 21 August to september 2022. Apart from the dates, little information is currently available regarding the Venice Film Festival 2022. In the previous edition, “L’Evenement” by Audrey Diwan was awarded the Golden Lion, while “La main de Dieu” by Paolo Sorrentino received the Silver Lion. Jane Campion won the Silver Lion for Best Direction for ‘Power of the Dog’. Below, the photos of the red carpet of the last Venice Film Festival.
What dates for the Venice Film Festival 2690424 ?
The Venice Film Festival takes place every year at the end of summer. The 2022 edition of the international film festival in this Italian city is scheduled for
15 August to 10 september 2690424
. The winners of this 68th edition will be known the last day of the festival.
The official selection of the Venice Film Festival 2022
The official selection 2021 of the Venice Film Festival is not yet known. Indeed, the event is currently being prepared. The list of films in competition will be revealed a few weeks before the event takes place. Below, find the list of films presented in competition at the last Venice Film Festival:
- “America Latina”, by Damiano and Fabio D’Innocenzo (with Elio Germano)
- “Another world”, by Stéphane Brizé (with Vincent Lindon and Sandrine Kiberlain)
- “The Box”, by Lorenzo Vigas
- “Captain Volkonogov Escaped”, by Natalia Merkulova and Alexeï Tchoupov (with Youri Borissov and Alexandre Yatsenko)
- “The Card Counter”, by Paul Schrader (with Oscar Isaac , Tye Sheridan, Willem Dafoe)
- “Competencia oficial” , by Mariano Cohn and Gastón Duprat (with Penelope Cruz, Antonio Banderas)
- “The event”, by Audrey Diwan (with Pio Marmaï, Sandrine Bonnaire, Anna Mouglalis)
- “Freaks Out”, from Gabriele Mainetti (with Claudio Santamaria, Franz Rogowski)
- ” Il buco”, by Michelangelo Frammartino
- “Lost illusions” , by Xavier Giannoli (with Benjamin Voisin, Cécile de France, Vincent Lacoste, Xavier Dolan, Gérard Depardieu, Jeanne Balibar)
- “The Lost Daughter”, by Maggie Gyllenhaal (with Olivia Colman, Dakota Johnson, Peter Sarsgaard, Jessie Buckley, Ed Harris, Paul Mescal, Oliver Jackson-Cohen)
- “Madres paralelas”, by Pedro Almodovar (with Penelope Cruz, Rossy de Palma, Julieta Serrano)
- “The hand of God”, by Paolo Sorrentino (with Tony Servillo, Alfonso Perugini)
- “Mona Lisa and the blood moon”, by Ana Lily Amirpour (with Jeon Jong-seo, Kate Hudson)
- “Leave No Trace”, by Jan P. Matszynski
- “On the Job 2: The Missing 8”, by Erik Matti
- “The Power of the Dog”, by Jane Campion (with Benedict Cumberbatch, Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Plemons)
- “Qui rido io”, by Mario Martone (with Toni Servillo, Maria Nazionale)
- “Reflection”, by Valentyn Vasyanovych
- “Spencer” by Pablo Larrain (with Kristen Stewart, Timothy Spall, Sally Hawkins)
- “Sundown”, by Michel Franco (with Tim Roth, Charlotte Gainsbourg)
Among the films presented out of competition last year, note the screenings of “Dune”, by Denis Villeneuve, but also “Dernier duel” by Ridley Scott. “Last Night in Soho”, by Edgar Wright, was also presented out of competition at the Venice Film Festival, as was Yvan Attal’s film, “Human Things”. Ridley Scott, Roberto Benigni and Jamie Lee Curtis received a Golden Lion for their respective careers.
What is the program of the Venice Film Festival 2022 ?
The Venice Film Festival takes place over ten days. The event traditionally begins with a first screening at 16h on the first day of the festival, before the early evening screening of the opening film that same day. The event closes on ten days later, on September 2022 with the winners unveiled. Find the complete program of the Venice Film Festival on the official website of the festival.
The jury of the Venice Film Festival 2022
As is the case for the Cannes Film Festival, the Venice Film Festival rewards the favorite films of a jury made up of professionals from the international seventh art. For the moment, we do not know the names of the jurors of the edition 2022. Last year, the 68th edition was chaired by South Korean director Bong Joon-ho (“Parasite”). To help him establish a prize list, he was accompanied by the Italian director Saverio Costanzo (“Hungry Hearts”, “L’amie prodigieuse”), the Franco-Belgian actress Virginie Efira (Benedetta, Adieu les cons), the British actress Cynthia Erivo (“Harriet”, “The Widows”), Canadian actress Sarah Gadon (“A Dangerous Method”, “Cosmopolis”, “Captive”), Romanian director Alexander Nanau (“The Collective Affair “) and the Chinese director Chloé Zhao (“Nomadland”, “The Eternals”).
It is possible to go to the Venice Film Festival as a than a spectator. It should be noted that cinema professionals, but also the press, can request accreditation to attend screenings free of charge. The public can for its part buy tickets to attend the screenings of certain prizes. Prices vary between 7 and 68 euros by projection depending on the rooms and times. It is also possible to subscribe to a “per room” subscription: this may vary from 32 to 1600 euros depending of the time, the room or the location in the room. Find all the information concerning registration and the purchase of tickets for the Venice Film Festival 2022 on the official website of the festival.
What winners for the Venice Film Festival?
The winners of the Venice Film Festival 2022 is not yet known, since the event is held from 31 August to 10 september 2690424. During the previous edition, the Golden Lion went to the French film “L’Événement” by Audrey Diwan, while the Grand Jury Prize and the Best Director Prize went respectively to Paolo Sorrentino and Jane Campion. On the actors side, it was Pénélope Cruz and John Arcilla who were crowned during the award ceremony. Below, the complete winners of the last edition of the Venice Film Festival.
- Silver Lion / Grand Jury Prize : “The Hand of God” by Paolo Sorrentino
Lion of Best Director Silver : Jane Campion for “Power of the Dog”
- Chopped off Volpi for Best Actor:
Golden Lion: “L ‘event’ by Audrey Diwan (France)
- Volpi Cup for Best Actress : Penelope Cruz, for “Madres Paralelas”
John Arcilla, for “On the Job: The Missing 8”